National Insurance Academy - [NIA], Pune
NIA Pune is India’s one of the best business schools spread in the lush green sprawling campus of 32 acres. Under NIRF ranking, NIA Pune is placed under the rank-band of 76-100. NAAC has appropriated NIA with grade “A” in 2007 as an academic institution.
In 2004, it started MBA education as a lateral diversification. The PGDM program by NIA is known for its dual specialization (Insurance + HR/Marketing/Finance/IT). It is one of the finest courses that provide specialized knowledge in Management and Insurance.
Admission to the PGDM course will be based on the marks secured in CAT/CMAT. The selection process will also include Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Relevant working experience will be an added advantage.
The PGDM program provided by NIA Pune matches the international standard and for this National Insurance Academy School of Management (NIASoM) has undergone complete syllabus restructuring under the supervision of Dr Prathap Oburai, the Director of INA.
NIA Pune Quick Facts
- NIA Pune apart from its dual specialization PGDM course is also known for Broker’s training and examination program with IRDA. The MDP programme of NIA Pune is meant for top executives of insurance companies.
- NIA Pune is recognized by AICTE and AIU.
- NIA Pune provides only full-time education programmes through PGDM and PhD courses.
- The qualifying exam for PGDM is CAT or CMAT. For admission in admission courses entrance exams are conducted by the institute. However, those candidates who have cleared JRF are not required to sit in the entrance examination for PhD courses. They will be directly called for GD/PI.
- NIA Pune also provides 9 scholarships of 1 lakh each to meritorious students belonging to different categories. PSUs like General Insurance Corporations also provide scholarships to eligible students.
- The academy has evolved into a unified management school with not only training and education but also with the publication, research, regulatory advisory services and consultancy.
NIA Pune Important Dates
Last Date to Apply for PGDM
March 15, 2023
NIA Pune Awards and Ranking
- NIA received B-school excellence award by Bloomberg/UTV
- NIA also received the “CSR Excellence in Education Award”.
- It also received the “CSR Top Institute of India Award.”
- NIA Pune is placed under a rank band of 76-100 under the NIRF ranking.
NIA Pune Courses and Fees
Graduation degree from any recognized university with a minimum 50% for General Category and 45% for SC/ST/DA category
Graduation with 50% marks
Graduation from a recognized university
Proficiency in Crop Insurance
Passed 10th examination
Note: The selection criteria for PGDM course includes CAT/CMAT score which is given 50% weightage in the final merit list, GD/PI score which has 30% weightage in the final merit list, and Past Academic Records (20% weightage) along with relevant work experience at the time of the interview.
NIA Pune Admissions
Candidates who are eligible for the PGDM program are allowed to undertake an online application process. The following admission process is as follows:
Step 1: Visit the Official Website of the Institute (www.niapune.org.in)
Step 2: Register with a valid username and Email ID and log in with your account
Step 3: Fill the application form for the course you want to join.
Step 4: Upload your photograph and other required documents.
Step 5: Pay the application fee of Rs1260. Different modes of payment are available.
Step 6: Shortlisted candidates will be called for further process (GD/PI)
Step 7: Once selected, candidates are required to pay the course fee to confirm their seat.
NIA Pune Placements
NIA Pune has an extensive record of 100% placement since its inception.
Placement Highlight of 2019-21
- In the 2019-20 batch, 92 students got placed in various companies.
- Students received offers ranging from 6LPA to 13 LPA with an average of 10.3 LPA.
- Top insurance and risk management companies are the top recruiters from the institute. TATA AIG, Bajaj Allianz, and Aditya Birla are some of the companies which come every year to recruit students.
- The highest package offered this year was 29.5 LPA.
Top Companies at NIA Pune
Reliance General Insurance
Aditya Birla Insurance Brokers
SBI Life Insurance Company
Tata AIG General Insurance
IFFCO Tokio General Insurance
Swiss Reinsurance Company Limited
Edelweiss Gallagher Brokers
Howden Insurance Brokers
Star Health and Allied Insurance
NIA Pune Scholarships
The institute endeavours to help deserving candidates from different categories in pursuing management studies.
- A total of 9 scholarships of 1 lakh each are provided by NIA to meritorious students including girls students and students belonging to economically weaker sections.
- General Insurance Corporation of India sponsors 5 scholarships to the students to the extent of the 50% of the course fee per student.
- The scholarships are meant for the meritorious students belonging to the lower income category.
NIA Pune Facilities
Library: Libraries are important cornerstones for any college. It is a place where students visit to fill the gap in their knowledge. Library in NIA is one of the finest libraries in India which cater to the needs of its students. It holds knowledge resources related to Management, Insurance, and Allied Subjects. E-Resources includes E-journals, E-books, and Full-text (aggregated) databases. Stacking of research publication is another valuable addition to the library.
Sports and Recreation: NIA, since its inception, believes in all-round development of students, and thus has undertaken many initiatives to provide a conducive environment to their students for their development. The NIA Pune campus is well equipped with sports facilities that are fitting testament to the high standard set. The state-of-the-art sporting facilities range from a full size cricket ground, football ground, and new sports complex that houses badminton courts and gymnasium. There is also an equipment park that includes static biking, swinging, and rocking.
Hostel Facilities: Hostel facilities are available for only a limited number of students. However, students can easily find affordable accommodation outside the campus if they failed to get the accommodation on the campus itself. Necessary relief in fees is given to such non-resident students. The campus is provided on a priority basis in the following manner:
- First preference is given to all girl students
- The second preference is given to students belonging to SC/ST/DA and other backward classes.
- The remaining students are given preferences on the basis of the merit list.
NIA Pune FAQs
Ques. What is the profile provided by NIA through its PGDM course?
Ans. Being a joint venture of the top Insurance PSUs of the country, NIA has the potential to give exceptional exposure to its students. The course is similar to other PGDM courses but with a specialization in Insurance subjects. Top Insurance companies come every year as a recruiter here and offer a post of Administrative Officer to selected students.
Ques. Does NIA give opportunities for Summer Internship to its students?
Ans. Yes, NIA provides Summer Internship opportunities to its students. Various companies come to the college to recruit for summer internship programmes as well.
Ques. How is the Faculty of NIA Pune?
Ans. NIA Pune has an exceptional faculty list. Being directly affiliated to the Ministry of Finance, students get a chance to come in touch with experienced leaders of the Insurance industry.
Ques. Is NIA Pune internationally affiliated?
Ans. Yes, NIA has international affiliations with organizations like The Institute (USA), the Canadian Institute of Insurance, and CII (London).
Ques. What are placement statistics of NIA Pune?
Ans. NIA Pune has a record of 100% placement. The highest package offered by NIA Pune in the current year was 29.5 LPA with an average package of 10.3 LPA.
For further details and one-on-one help, please contact the undersigned
8088888710, Career Advisor
Total 0 reviews on this institution
No review added !!!