Amrita School Of Engineering
Established in 2002, Amrita School of Engineering offers B.Tech., M.Tech. and Ph.D. programs in a large number of disciplines. It has been accredited with the highest rating of 'A' by NAAC and is affiliated to Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. Located in Bangalore, it is one of the top ranked private universities in India and provides 95% placement to its students.
The college believes in overall development of students and keeps on organizing various national and international conferences, seminars, workshops. The college also has excellent infrastructure including Library, Laboratories and Sports facilities.
Admission to UG course B.Tech is provided on the basis of candidates performance in national level entrance exam JEE Mains and AEEE conducted by the institute itself.
Admission to PG programs such as M.Tech and doctoral program Ph.D is also entrance based. M.Tech admissions are provided on the basis of candidates performance in GATE entrance exam whereas admissions to Ph.D course are based on entrance test and interview conducted by the institute itself. However, candidates with a valid score in other exams such as UGC-NET are exempted from entrance exams.
ASE Bangalore Highlights
The interested students can get a glance of the institute through the following points:
|Established I Institute type
|2002 I Private
|All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE)
|Kasavanahalli, Carmelaram P.O. Bangalore - 560035 Karnataka, India
|Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Bangalore Campus
|UG, PG, Doctoral
|AEEE, JEE Mains, GATE
|Both online & offline
|Wipro, Amazon, Idea, Cognizant
|Hostels, Gymnasium, Library, Sports Complex
ASE Bangalore Ranking
- The Amrita University has been ranked #1 in India for Private Universities by THE World University Rankings 2020.
- It has been ranked #4 best University by NIRF 2020.
- It has been ranked #1 for International FAculty by QS World University Rankings 2020.
ASE Bangalore Courses
The college offers UG, PG and doctoral courses in different fields. The B.Tech programme is offered in 7 specializations and other programmes such as M.Tech, M.Sc, PhD and integrated M.Tech-PhD are also offered by the college. The basic eligibility and duration of courses are tabulated below:
|Basic Eligibility Criteria
|Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
|10+2 with 45% + JEE Main/AEEE
|Electronics and Computer Engineering
|Computer Science and Engineering (Artificial Intelligence)
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering
|Electronics and Communication Engineering
|Computer Science and Engineering
|Minimum 60% aggregate marks in B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc in engineering or science discipline.
|Communication and Information Systems
|Computer Science & Engineering
|Power Electronics and Drives
|B.Sc. in related discipline with minimum 60%
|Master’s degree in relevant discipline
|Minimum 3 years
|Integrated M.Tech and PhD
|Bachelor’s degree in Engineering- Currently in the final year or already completed M.Sc./ MCA or equivalent master’s degree with minimum 60% aggregate marks.
|Maximum 6 years
Read more: ASE Bangalore Courses & Fees
ASE Bangalore Admissions
The college offers various UG, PG and doctoral programmes. The detailed admission process and eligibility criteria is as follows:
- Educational Qualification : A pass in 10 + 2 (Class XII) or its equivalent examination with a minimum 60% aggregate of marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and with not less than 55% individually in each of these three subjects.
- Valid SAT Scores.
- Rank scored in Amrita Entrance Examination - Engineering 2020.
- Rank scored in JEE Mains 2020.
- Pass with Minimum 60% in B. E./ B. Tech./ M.Sc in engineering or sciences discipline. The degree should be of relevance to the opted M.Tech program.
- Direct admission to GATE qualified students.
- Non GATE qualified students will be admitted based on academic records and performance in interview.
- Direct admission to GATE, TANCET, PGCET, PGECET qualified students based on availability.
- Applicants holding a Master’s degree are eligible to apply for admission.
- NET qualification.
If no NET then the following are used:
- PG degree percentage greater than 65%;
- Research publication or conference presentation;
- Interview score greater than 70%
- Entrance test followed by personal interview or UGC-NET (including JRF)/ UGC-CSIR NET/SLET/GATE/Teacher fellowship holder/passed M.Phil.
For Integrated M.Tech-Ph.d:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after BSc / Diploma in Engineering/ Technology) - Currently in the final year or already completed; M. Sc./ MCA or equivalent master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent.
- Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to BE/ B.Tech/ B.Arch.) recognised by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India).
- Applicants should have scored a minimum of 60% in the qualifying degree. GATE qualified applicants can choose the paper appropriate to the discipline of their qualifying degree if AGET exam is available in such a discipline.
How to Apply?
- Application submission is online and shall be submitted via the official website.
- Click on “Apply Now” option and fill the registration form and upload the necessary documents
- One candidate shall submit only one application form. Multiple applications will be rejected.
- The application fee may be paid either by credit/debit card or net banking. Any other mode is not accepted for online application.
Read more: ASE Bangalore Admission 2020
ASE Bangalore Placements
The college has a proper cell for handling placements, providing students with summer and winter internships, getting more and more companies for recruiting students and preparing the students well in advance with various skill sets. Almost 200 companies visit the college each year resulting in a near 95% placement record for the year 2019. The average package is around INR 5.4 Lakhs per annum while the highest salary granted was INR 43.33 Lakhs per annum.
The top recruiters of the college are:
Read more: ASE Bangalore Placements
ASE Bangalore Scholarships
The College offers many scholarships to its students on the basis of merit or means. Many scholarships are offered by the governments as per the norms. Some of the research based scholarships that the university offers are listed below:
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham M. Tech. Scholarship: INR 25000 per semester
- GATE Scholarship (all programs) during M.Tech program: INR 12,.400 per month.
- For Non-GATE students, Endowment scholarship and merit based scholarship ranges upto INR 1 Lakh.
- Amrita University PhD Scholarship: Upto INR 25000 per month stipend.
- Visvesvaraya Scholarship: Upto INR 43000 per month stipend.
- Industry Sponsored Scholarship: Stipends vary, upto INR 80000 per month
Read more: ASE Bangalore Scholarship
ASE Bangalore Facilities
The college provides all the basic facilities to its students in its campus only. The infrastructure of the college is well built. Some of the facilities are given below:
- Library: The College has a central library and a reading hall with seating capacity of 200 students. The Library is fully automated with LIBSOFT, an integrated Library Management Software and provides access to various books.
- Computing Facilities: The College has about 593 computers with all important softwares installed.
- Sports Facilities: The College has a sports club called “Chetna” and engages in all types of physical activities and sports. It also has state of the art gymnasium with Treadmills, Elliptical cross trainer, Upright bike and with Multi-stationed machines, separate for both boys and girls. Indoor and outdoor sports facilities are also provided.
- Hostels: There are 6 hostels in the campus, two for girls and four for boys. Each hostel block is supervised by a Resident warden and an Assistant Warden.
Many other facilities like Banking and ATM, General Store, Canteen and Reprographic facilities are also offered by the college.
ASE Bangalore Faculty
The college has expert and experienced faculty members which help students excel in academics and motivate them throughout their college years. The teachers help students to take up projects, participate in various technical events, etc. All the faculty members have done either M.Tech or PhD in their respective subject of teaching. The college is headed by DR. Nagaraja SR as its principal and some of the department’s chairpersons are listed below:
- Dr. Amudha J
Designation: Chairperson, Computer Science Engineering
- Dr. BL Bhaskar
Designation: Chairperson, Chemistry
- Dr. NS Murthy
Designation: Chairperson, Electronics and Communication Engineering
For a detailed list of faculty members, click on the link below.
Ques. Are there any medical facilities provided by the college?
Ans. Yes, a clinic is functional inside the campus with a doctor and a nurse. The clinic facility is opened for the local villages also.
Ques. Is residing in hostels compulsory?
Ans. No, staying in a hostel is not compulsory. Students can opt to daily come to college by their own means. However Hostel facility is available if students want to opt for hostels.
Ques. Is any special training provided to students apart from course syllabus?
Ans. Yes, various training like foreign language training, corporate relations, personal counseling and coaching programmes for competitive exams are provided by the college.
Ques. Are there any transportation facilities available?
Ans. Yes, a college bus picks up and drop day- scholars from specified locations in Bangalore city and enroute, on payment of a nominal fee.
Ques. What is the syllabus for AEEE? Is it offline or online?
Ans. AEEE is conducted in two modes: Computer Based Test (CBT) and Pen & Paper Test (PPT). Syllabus for AEEE consists of three sections Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The questions are based on the syllabus in Class 11th & Class 12th and the paper consists of 100 questions, 30 each from Physics and Chemistry, 40 from Mathematics.
ASE Fees & Eligibility
|₹1.49 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)
|Pass in Graduation + GATE
|₹2.7 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)
|10+2 with 60% + AEEE
For further details and one-on-one help, please contact the undersigned
8088888720, Career Advisor
Total 0 reviews on this institution
No review added !!!